TMK-ARTROM is a leading Romanian pipe and steel producer, having two production units located in Romania, namely:
- The pipes mill TMK-Artrom - a leading Romanian pipe producer, located in southern Romania, in the town of Slatina. The plant produces seamless steel pipes for industrial applications, including for the mechanical engineering and automotive industry.
The pipes mill TMK-Artrom has today an important share of the European market for industrial seamless pipes representing mechanical tubes, hydraulic cylinders, automotive and energetic pipes. More than 80% of the plant’s output is intended for sales outside of Romania, mainly within other EU countries, the USA, and Canada. The pipes mill TMK-Artrom is one of Europe’s largest producers of industrial seamless pipes.
- The steel mill - located in Resita, in South-Western Romania, approximately 400 km from the pipes mill TMK-Artrom. The steel mill produces round billets for tubes production (177, 220, 280 and 350mm) and blooms 260 x 340 mm. The plant has more than 260 years of history and experience in producing steel and rolled products. However, today running technology is at a modern level installed after 2006. In February 2007, at the steel mill we launched a new continuous-casting line for blanks, with a capacity of 450,000 tons per year and in 2010 we launched a new EAF of 110 tons. The production flow consists in EAF, LF, Vacuum system, Continuously Casting machine.
TMK-ARTROM manages today all business of the TMK-European Division as General Management Unit for all TMK-European Division’s companies.
TMK European Division was created inside TMK as a consolidate business unit, developed on the structure of TMK-ARTROM and consists by four companies:
- TMK-ARTROM SA, in Slatina, Romania (as TMK-European Division’s General Management Unit) with two production units: pipe mill located in Slatina town and steel mill located in Resita town;
- TMK-Italia s.r.l, in Lecco, Italy;
- TMK-Europe GmbH, in Dusseldorf, Germany;
- TMK-Industrial Solutions LLC in Houston, United States of America.
TMK-ARTROM has implemented and certified an efficient Quality Management System planned according to ISO 9001 and API Q1, integrated with the Environmental Management System implemented and certified according to ISO 14001. Since January 2008, it has been integrated with the OHSAS Management System, implemented according to OHSAS 18001:2007 and from September 2018 according ISO 45001:2018.
TMK-ARTROM has implemented and certified the Quality Management System according to IATF 16949:2016 (Technical specification with particular requirements for application of ISO 9001 for automotive production).
The Integrated Management System is permanently planned maintained and developed through the continuous improvement of its processes and periodically audited and evaluated by LLOYD Register Certification body.
TMK-Artrom pipes mill products are recognized and certified by:
- TUV SUD body for AD 2000-Merkblatt W0/TRD100, EN10297-1, EN 10255, PED 97/23/EC, Vd TUV-Werkstoffblatt 354/2; 352/2, and for CE-sign according to EN 10210-1;
- DET NORSKE VERITAS (DNV), according to DNV Rules-Approval of Material Manufacturer for products with naval destination;
- GERMANISCHER LLOYD (GL), according to GL Rules-Approval of Material Manufacturer for products with naval destination;
- AMERICAN PETROLEUM INSTITUTE (API) for the API 5L, API 5CT and API 5CRA Specifications;
Sachsen-Anhalt-Magdeburg for the U-sign, the Technological and Test Institute for Construction Prague-Czech Republic (ZUS) and ISC – the Romanian State Inspection in Construction.
TMK-Artrom pipes mill limits its environmental impact by using modern production equipment combined with the latest technologies. In November 2006, TMK- ARTROM obtained the IPPC authorization for integrated pollution prevention and control according to Directive 96/61/EC
The products of steel mill are recognized and certified by:
- TUV SUD body according to AD 2000-Merkblatt W0/TRD100 for S235JRG, S275JR, S355J2G3 and S355J2G3 according to AD2000 Merkblatt W10, W13/TRD100.
- Those steel grade above mentioned have PED approval according to European Directive 97/23/EC.
- The steel mill have a certification for products BV Mode II and DNV certification as casting billets producer used in the Vessel industry.
The steel mill is IPPC authorized (an integrated pollution prevention and control according to Directive 96/61/EC).